]

Monday 4 March 2013

Introduction.

| |


"Someone who believes it's their duty to attempt to correct any grammar and/or spelling mistakes they observe". Definition by urbandictionary.com
If you are a grammar Nazi, I must give you a head's up, this blog is hell to you (and I am sorry). Because I'm the one who author this blog and since English is not my mother's tongue thus I naturally suck at it (big time), and I am pretty sure there are a lot of grammar mistakes (God forbid) and HUGE room for improvements and so to improve my self, I create this blog.

Who am I you ask?
My name is Muhammad Hafiz. I am a Malaysian, my first language is Bahasa Melayu and English is my second language. I started to developed interest and pedal my self through to improve my English mainly by watching some a LOT of television. Series, cartoons, movies, cartoons, and more cartoons. I think that is enough about me.

This is the place where I'm going to rant on and on with different topic weekly and giving chances to any grammar Nazi out there to bask in the awesome feeling of correcting my grammar (if there is any) by dropping it in the comment section below the post. You can also critique on my writing skills, ideas, the topic I'm discussing and so on.

The reason I'm doing this is because I believe if someone corrects my mistakes or critique on my writing skill, I will learn faster and hopefully do better in writing. Furthermore, my teachers is a bit pissed off with me as I keep asking him to proof read my essay.

I know there are plenty grammar checking website out there. For example Grammarly, or GrammarBase but I don't believe I going to learn anything just by copying, pasting and right clicking the red-underlined words. I want to write well on paper as well. I still use those website to check if I "accidentally" plagiarised any article into my journal or my report research.

What will you get from this? Well, if you are a true blue (or is it red?) Grammar Nazi, the satisfaction of correcting someone will be enough for you and I deeply appreciate your effort in  taking out your precious time to correct me.

For the normal readers, I just hope you guys enjoy my writing and have a good one. 

2 comments:

Author

For quick chase to mastering, practicing idioms on daily writing and speaking e.g. "Bend Over Backwards", "Bite Off More Than You Can Chew", et cetera.

Author

Thanks for that insight.

Post a Comment